Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab
Welcome to Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab, the world of Correspondence Education. Distance Education is one of the most proper means of continuing education while working. Distance education makes you complete your education along with your job experience. Correspondence Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab, courses get the same value, status, and recognition as a regular college degree. All our programs are UGC recognized and can be produced for Government and MNC jobs, institutional loans for further studies.
The great change at which science and technology are growing makes it essential for people to develop their knowledge and skills to keep updated in their fields of work. The importance of Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab is a source of opportunities for people who want to learn more but do not have the convenience of it.
In Correspondence B.Sc IT Education in Punjab, the teacher and learner are separated geographically and by time. System of correspondence course has evolved into distance education, with the acquisition of additional features. On the other hand, open learning leads to an arrangement in which learners adopt the style of self-instruction, completing courses structured around specially prepared learning materials, held by contact classes and examinations.
Distance learning implies a philosophy of open entry and access to learning opportunities but it does not necessarily incorporate technological advances. Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab makes use of new technological devices. There may be slightly varying views on these definitions. Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab has made remarkable progress in recent years thanks to the great demand for facilities separate from those offered by conventional colleges.
What is the Distance B.Sc IT Program?
B.Sc. Information Technology or Bachelor of Science in Information Technology in Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab is an undergraduate Information Technology course. The degree course is awarded after completion of a three years program in the study, design, development, implementation, support, or management of information systems with the use of software applications and computer hardware to turn, store, protect, method, transmit, and securely recover information.
In other words, Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab degree is a complete course that involves the study of computing technology, comprising everything from installing applications to designing complex computer networks and information databases. B.Sc. (Information Technology) degree course involves the study of software development, software testing, software engineering, computer networking, web design, databases, programming, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab
Following are the minimum eligibility criteria to apply for the Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab course:
- The applicant must have passed Class XII.
- The minimum percentage of Class XII should be at least 50%.
- The applicant must have studied Mathematics / Computer Science/ Statistics in Class XII.
Syllabus for Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab
Syllabus of Information Technology as prescribed by several Universities and Colleges.
Sem. I (Theory)
- Technical English I
- Applied Mathematics I
- Basics of Electrical Engineering
- Computer Concepts & Problem Solving
- Programming in C
- Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Computer Concepts and Problem-Solving Laboratory
- C Programming Laboratory
Sem. II (Theory)
- Technical English II
- Applied Mathematics II
- Digital Principles
- Operating Systems
- Data Structures
- Digital Laboratory
- Operating Systems Lab
- Data Structures Laboratory
Sem. III (Theory)
- Mathematical Structures
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Database Management Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Object-Oriented Programming Laboratory
- Database Management Systems Lab
- Algorithm Design Laboratory
Sem. IV (Theory)
- Probability and Statistics
- Microprocessors and Interfacing
- Java Programming
- Computer Networks
- Microprocessors and Interfacing Lab
- Java Programming Laboratory
- Computer Networks Laboratory
Sem. V (Theory)
- Software Engineering
- Web Technology
- Embedded Systems
- Elective II
- Elective III
- Software Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Embedded Systems Lab
Sem. VI (Theory)
- Principles of Management
- Communication Switching Techniques
- Elective IV
- Elective V
- Elective VI
- Project Work
- Electives (IV, V & VI)
- Multimedia Systems
- Client-Server Computing
- Fundamentals of Digital Signal Processing
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Software Project Management
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Signals and Systems
- Network Security
- Data Warehousing
- Wireless Technology
- Unix Internals
- Mobile Communication
- Extreme Programming
- Open Source Computing
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Advanced DBMS
- Distributed Operating Systems
- Decision Support Systems
- Image Processing
- Management Information Systems
How is B.Sc Information Technology Course Advantageous?
- B.Sc. (Information Technology) in Correspondence B.Sc IT Education in Punjab degree serves as a base for further higher studies in this field such as M.Sc., Ph.D., and M.Phil. Degree in Information Technology, the successful completion of which makes one eligible for the job of a lecturer in any university/college.
- B.Sc. (Information Technology) degree candidates have many opportunities in various sectors such as in electronics, information technology, communication, manufacturing, finance, business, banking, marketing, entertainment, education, defense, railways, police, automobiles, quality goods manufacturing, etc. and various other fields.
- The Indian information technology (IT) industry has acquired India the distinction of becoming the global brand ambassador of IT in the world.
- Information Technology relevant jobs and services are expected to grow by 4.2% in the current year.
Today, there are big Indian and international IT firms in many Metros and other big cities in India which offer excellent and very profitable employment opportunities.
B.Sc IT Scope after Correspondence B.Sc IT Education in Punjab
The future of an IT learner is always quite bright. He/She may select for an academic career and go on to pursue a post-graduation in this field.
For a professional career, many openings are available. There are hundreds of private firms that are always in search of IT professionals.
- Some of the common fields of recruitment include IT firms, banks, etc. The candidates can also become a freelancer and work for many organizations on a part-time basis.
- Many jobs are possible in the government sector as well. However, for that, you have to seem for various government examinations like UPSC. Government banks also employ IT, officials.
- If a candidate wishes to continue further education in the same course then they can also opt for the same.
- There are various courses available after Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab. One of those courses is considered below:
MSc IT: Master of Science in Information Technology (MSc IT) in Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab is a 2-year postgraduate degree that can be continued after a bachelor’s degree in a respective discipline from a recognized board or university. It includes both theoretical and practical concepts of the course study. The average cost energized for this course ranges from INR 8,000 to INR 3 Lakhs for the whole course. After completing this course you can expect an average earning of about INR 8 Lakhs per annum (depending on the skills and experience of the candidate).
Distance B.Sc IT Education in Punjab course has excellent career prospects. After completion of your graduation, you may go for an MSc IT course. After that, you may go for a Ph.D. or even teach at many academic institutes. You may also carry out research actions in any field related to Information Technology.
If you are studying for a professional career, then there are numerous job openings available for you. You may seek jobs in the IT sector. Some of the common job forms are IT Support Analyst, Network Engineer, IT Consultant, Technical Sales Representative.
Here, we have discussed a few important job profiles for the B.Sc. IT learners along with their job descriptions and average annual salary:
IT Support Analyst: IT Support Analyst gives technical advice to the IT users using phone, social media, emails, or in person.
Network Engineer: A Network Engineer is essentially responsible for securing and handling large volumes of data. He/She also acquires data recovery strategies.
IT Consultant: An IT consultant is liable for providing technical direction to the internal employees of an organization and also to external clients.
Technical Sales Representative: A Technical Sales Representative mainly sells software and hardware products and determines the advantage of various businesses and services.
Web Designer: A web designer designs the plans for websites for various companies and organizations. He/She may also work for independent customers.
Software Developer: A software developer programs and acquires software based on client requirements. He/She does so by building various programs and applications.
Quality Assurance Analysts: Quality Assurance Analysts test the programs and software to ensure their functionality and security before releasing them in the market.
Application Analyst: An Application Analyst is liable for ensuring the integrity, availability, and safety of all data and applications that are a role of the company’s information system.