Distance MCA Education in Mohali: The Distance MCA or Master of Computer Application is a postgraduate academic master's degree in distance mode. The duration of Master of Computer Application in Distance Mode is 3 to 5 years, which is usually divided into 6 semesters.
The main areas covered during the course period may include skill development, a conceptual framework, and expertise in various areas including project work and other core areas.
It has become a rapidly developing sector in recent decades. So, the distance MCA syllabus is designed in such a way that all the requirements in the technical field are met.
The Distance MCA syllabus and curriculum is designed to give due emphasis on:
- Programming in C
- Fundamentals of Computer and IT
- Foundations of Mathematics
- System Analysis and Design
- Web technologies
- Analysis and Design of Algorithm
What is Distance MCA Course?
The Master of Computer Application in Remote Mode is a postgraduate academic master's degree awarded for a course or program in computer application. It is popular among the younger generation who want to make a career in the world of coders and programmers.
Master of Computer Applications in Distance Mode is a Computer Science Degree whose curriculum is primarily based on the development of application software in diverse areas. The distance MCA program focuses on providing a sound theoretical background as well as good practical exposure to students in the relevant areas.
It aims to provide modern, industry-oriented education in applied computer science. The objective of the Distance MCA course is to create trained professionals who can successfully meet the demands of the information technology industry.
The programs aim to make students understand the fundamentals of computing so that they can compete in the current global situation.
Students are trained in the fields of:
- Systems Designing,
- System Administration,
- Web Designing and Development,
- Application Software Development,
- Enterprise Resource Planning,
- Computer Networks,
- Database Administration,
- Parallel and Vector Processing,
- Data Mining and Warehousing etc.
Distance MCA Course in Mohali Eligibility :
The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing a Master of Computer Applications in Distance Mode degree is a bachelor's degree at one of the recognized universities. 50% marks scored in a bachelor's degree are required.
The minimum percentage criteria may or may not be considered depending on the universities. Work experience is required by some universities/colleges that offer remote MCA courses. It is required that candidates have chosen Maths or Statistics as one of their core subjects at 10 + 2 or graduation.
Distance MCA Education in Mohali Admission:
Applications for admission from MCA can be obtained either from the university website or by visiting its admissions office.
Some universities accept candidates directly while some universities require candidates to write any applicable entrance exam which is conducted by the university/college for Master of Computer Applications (MCA).
What is the Meaning of MCA Distance Learning Course?
With the growth of high demand for IT professionals in the current IT market, the MCA distance learning course has become a top priority for most students who want to pursue a career in the IT industries, but cannot become part of the regular MCA due to some problems. So, if you are one of them, then you can easily look for a bright future by doing this professional online MCA course in Computer Science. Basically, MCA distance learning is made for students or working professionals who cannot afford regular college fees, cannot relocate to another city due to some family responsibility or want to leave their jobs due to doing regular MCA. In addition, it is a three-year course under which a student learns a lot of basic and advanced concepts in programming, web designing, database handling, and much more. This online MCA degree is designed to equip students with the latest software and web technologies in order to meet the requirement of IT professionals in IT industries.
Know Some of the Specializations of MCA Distance Learning Course
- Master of Computer Science (MCS)
- Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS)
- Master of Information Technology (M.I.T.)
- Master of Science in Information Technology
Know the Career Opportunities After Distance MCA Education in Mohali
Well, you can study in many domains, but you have to first decide your area of interest after completing your MCA correspondence. By doing this, you can easily go for software development, web development, testing, database management, and more.
Here are some of the job titles which you can seek after your MCA correspondence program:
- Software Developer
- Website Developer
- Database Admin
- System Admin
- Testing Associate
- SEO Executive
- Technical Writer
Things to Remember to Build A Bright Career with Distance MCA Education in Mohali
- To grab any of the above designations, you need to study hard and develop your skills as IT professionals. Apart from this, you can make your career in the teaching field to become a tutor, trainer, or faculty in any IT institute or college.
- Initially, you cannot expect a high package but after gaining a few years of experience you will definitely get your expected salary.
- Various distance education universities and institutes are offering online MCA degrees under which you can study MCA distance education at your own time place. From beginning to end, everything can be done online whether it is enrolling, studying, or taking exams. Due to this flexibility, the demand for MCA distance learning courses is increasing day by day.
- Students or working individuals can easily access study material through audio, video lectures, or e-books through an online portal. Some universities provide online access while some provide offline book material through their study centers which are present in every city.
Why Choose Distance MCA Education in Mohali?
- Doing an MCA is clearly an add-on to your skill-set because it differentiates you from other BCA/ B.Tech professionals.
- A graduate in distance MCA can earn an average salary package of more than 2 lakhs.
- After earning a Distance MCA degree from a reputed Institute, the opportunities available for the graduates are multitudinous, both in government as well as the private sector. As a fresher, an MCA professional can expect anything around 2.4 to 3.4 lakhs.
MCA graduates can work in profiles such as:
- Web Developer
- Systems Support Administrator
- C++ and Java Software Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Computer Programmer
- Interface Engineer
- Java Developer
- IT Manager
- Security Agencies etc
Top companies hiring MCA graduates are Accenture, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Cognizant, IBM, American Express, HCL, HP, etc.
Career Opportunities After Completing MCA Distance Education in Mohali
Software Application Architect: The candidate will be responsible for making high-priority decisions to evaluate business decisions. Software development solutions such as code, programs, and even tools will be given in it.
Hardware Engineer: Candidates are given the opportunity to work with much complex hardware such as circuit boards, wireframes, hard disks, printers, and more. The job is to provide alternative cost-effective solutions to the organization or customers.
System Engineer/Developer: Candidates are responsible for developing the code required for the operating system used for the organization or client. This job requires strong coding skills and strong knowledge of different software.
System Analyst: As a profile, candidates with systems analysts are responsible for designing IT solutions for organizations or customers to increase efficiency.
Technical Writer: Candidates with good communication and written skills can opt for Technical Writing as a job pursuit. Many multinational companies require technical documentation to be prepared which requires efficient technical skills.
Troubleshooter: The candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting technical issues of the organization as troubleshooting is a backbone that needs constant monitoring and investigation.
Web developer: The candidate will be responsible for developing and designing websites for the organization or client. This job also includes maintenance of websites that require knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and Flash etc.
Software Engineer: The candidate will be responsible for the testing, design, installation and management of software systems adopted by the organization or client. This job requires strong computer skills and creativity.