In simple words, data entry compacts with entering or updating data into a computer system. Data is normally entered using a keyboard, optical scanner, or data recorder.
Since most Offices utilize computer systems these days, data entry has become an important part of day-to-day office tasks!
A data entry course make students perfect in the following aspects –
- Computer Operation
- Software and Hardware
- Internet Technology
Eligibility to become a Data Entry Operator
To become a data entry operator, one should be a matriculate, and a senior secondary passed out. However, to get a job into reputed private and public organizations, one should have higher knowledge and excellent keyboarding skills. Additionally, if you have done any computer course and have work experience, then it will be observed as an additional qualification for applying for a job in this field. Some of the organizations also define age limitations for the job aspirants. The minimum qualification needed to be a data entry operator is mentioned below:
Subject Combination – Any stream in class 12 or equivalent from a known board/university.
- You need a computer with an internet connection
- A bit of knowledge of computer working
- Computing skills
Eligibility and Skills -
- Candidates who have completed their graduation in any institute are eligible to apply for the vacancy of a data entry operator. However, some of the good organizations like commercial banks and IT companies need workers having at least 60% marks in their exams.
- Candidates can also follow post-graduate diploma in computer applications after graduation and pursue their career as a data entry operator. For this, candidates should have completed their graduation with at least 60% marks and appear for an entrance exam.
- Candidates should be well known with MS Office (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint) and should have good communication and presentation skills to follow a long-term career in this field.
- The most important skill required for a data entry operator is typing speed. Candidates should have a good typing speed as most companies define a target for the data entry operator.
- Some of the organizations also have an age limit basis for data entry operator jobs.
Types of Job Roles Data Entry Operator
Computer education and skills can help a data entry operator get access to different jobs. In the department of data entry, one could also start his own computer center where you can carry out typing and data entry work. Also, one may find work at offices that need computer operators. Some of the data entry jobs that one can target are listed below:
Accounts Clerk: The accounts clerk execute a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department. He/she is responsible for giving rise to business transaction records, such as bills and purchase orders, updating bank and credit accounting databases and compiling data and preparing a variety of reports.
Bank Officer: He/she is responsible for inspecting many aspects of a retail banking environment. A bank officer executes regular audits with other officers, assists the bank manager with customer-calling capabilities, and assists with training duties.
Human Resources Officer: Human resources officer enlists, trains and develops staff and monitors staff performance and attendance. He/she increase the development and implementation of HR capabilities and systems and provides overall strategic HR leadership to the company.
Office Administrator: An office administrator leads and increase clerical staff, coordinate office and/or departmental operations, give administrative support to the operations team, do accounting tasks, including budget tracking and invoicing and carries out different functions within an office environment to make sure that all the administrative duties needed by a company are carried out easily.
Project Support Officer: The job of a project support officer is to hold up the project manager and project team. He/she makes sure that the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle and also coordinates the production of all reports and produces project summary reports.
Word Processing Operator: The job of a word processing operator is to give a clerical, typing, and word processing service to a department by being familiar with the department's clerical policies.
Administrative Assistant: An administrative assistant coordinates space and office organization, maintains paper and electronic files, schedules travel, appointments and meetings and greets and directs visitors and new staff to the organization.
Secretary: He/she performs fundamental clerical, organizational, or department and compiles data for expense and statistical reports and office responsibilities for a company.
Pros of becoming a Data Entry Operator
- Data entry jobs provide you the flexibility to work according to your own time schedules.
- Data entry jobs are typically paid according to the number of entries which means that if you have a fast typing speed, then, you may have high earning possibilities.
- As a data entry operator, you upgrade your computer skills, numerical, and literacy skills. These skills can help you expand your new career path in the future.
Required Material for Becoming Data Entry Operator
To be a data entry operator, one does not need much intelligence, but one needs a lot of hard work and practical hands-on experience. Hence, there are no appropriate books or study material that can make you ready for this career.
You should have great knowledge of MS Office, basic computer operations, and knowledge of clerical and administrative methods. Along with this, as a data entry operator, you will be considered to have fast typing speed, accuracy, and efficiency to perform tasks.
Why choose us for Data Entry courses in Mohali?
We make an effort to maintain a low student-to-teacher ratio and increase learning with focused, interactive, and instructor-led hands-on training. We believe that by making training interactive, learners can solve their problems in a better manner and learn much more.
Our course fees are highly flexible and learners can take regular course modes. We always take care of our students and customers and provide modernized courses that meet the current demands of the industry through a broad range of initiative teaching methods. We believe in offering flexible learning chances that can smoothly fit in our learners’ time table.
We own a team of industry professionals who have obtained years of experience working on live projects and development. Their passion for study, learner-focused point of view and their industry expertise give learners an inspirational learning experience and an understanding of industry tradition.
100% Job Placement Assistance
Studying data entry oriented courses would be a waste of time if you do not get a job chance where you can use your learned skills and earn handsome salaries. We understand this and thus, guarantee that each & every student of our training center gets 100% job placement assistance. We strive hard to place our students in the right organizations and our focus is always on giving not just training but a full-fledged career.