Pursuing MBA through distance mode from Chandigarh is a new trend. Although beneficial for working professionals, MBA through distance education is even chosen by those who wish to study at their own pace with flexibility regarding the time, programmes, etc. If you’re looking to opt for an MBA distance education programme in Chandigarh and nearby areas, then you’re at the right place.
Before we list out the best colleges in Chandigarh for MBA programmes, let’s find out why to choose distance education.
- No matter your location, it lets you study wherever you are in the world, balancing your personal and professional life.
- It provides you with online study materials, ensuring active learning.
- The fees for distance education programmes are affordable than those of on-campus courses.
- Distance education saves you the hassle of relocating to the city beautiful Chandigarh for pursuing the degree.
- The courses, offered by top colleges, are recognized by the University Grant Commission – Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB).
What is an MBA course?
Master of Business Administration [MBA],is a professional postgraduate degree in business administration-management. The MBA course duration for full-time is 2 years, which is divided into 4 semesters.
Subjects like Management Theory and Practice, Leadership and Entrepreneurship, Financial Markets, Instruments, and Business & Corporations Law are part of the MBA curriculum. Accreditation bodies, specifically for MBA programs, ensure consistency and quality of education. The course helps build the following in its students:
- Imparts a strong theoretical foundation in business concepts.
- Provides practical opportunities through internships, group assignments, and individual projects to test what students learn in the class.
- Builds hard-skills in the areas of management and leadership.
- Polishes a range of soft-skills like communication, motivation, and negotiation.
Why You Should Pursue an MBA Degree
Here are some reasons why you should pursue an MBA degree.
1. Great Education– An MBA degree is one of the best degrees to do after graduation and this degree has a lot of value in the professional world.
2. All-Round development – An MBA degree also ensures you develop into a good professional having a good personality, confidence, and leadership skills.
3. Salary & Growth – MBA graduates have some of the highest salaries and the best growth opportunities in the business world.
4. Great Networking – With an MBA, you become a part of a large network of professionals that are working in the finest companies in the world.
5. Increased Knowledge – During the course, your knowledge horizon will expand and you will develop a new perspective. Increasing knowledge becomes a habit.
6. Challenges – If you love challenges, you are truly going to enjoy your MBA training and then working in the professional world.
Top Distance Education Colleges in Chandigarh
University School of Open Learning Panjab University
About University School of Open Learning, Panjab University University School of Open Learning, Panjab University formerly known as Department of Correspondence studies, was established in 1971. The motive was to take university based education beyond the four walls of the University. It carries on to do so and fulfills a prime social responsibility of providing education at the door step for those who are unable to access formal education. Beginned as a Directorate, it is now a full-fledged USOL with due representation on all University bodies. The main motive of School of Open Learning, Punjab University was to take campus based education beyond the four walls of the university. The School of corresponding Learning, Punjab University offers 28 courses which include undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and professional Courses. Some innovative and socially applicable courses such as certificate courses in Vivekanand studies, diploma in human rights and a diploma in naturopathy & yoga have been recently introduced.
LPU DE – Lovely Professional University Distance Education
Lovely Professional University has done remarkably well in the past 10 years of its noticable existence. With its abnormal user friendly program, modules curated by industrial professionals and a strong reputation of phenomenal placements to back the university, the distance education program has delivered more than it was anticipated when launched.There is a genuine problem if you are living in villages, towns, small cities that you don’t find your desired specialized courses in the local colleges Or you’re doing a full-time job and don’t have time to attend regular classrooms.
Sometimes, if courses were available then you don’t find its curriculum attractive enough or learning method is not satisfactory.
Sometimes, you caught up in some problem, so you cannot join formal education. Lovely Professional University Distance Learning courses ought to change this circumstance.
Lovely Professional University Distance learning courses are a revolution for these types of students. Now, you can stay at home and learn courses which you want to learn with the help of distance learning.
These Distance learning courses open different ways to get an excellent education even in far corners of India. So, you can learn and practice wherever and whenever you have time to study.
Symbiosis International (Deemed University) is ranked between the top 25 Self- financed/Private Institutions in the country in the ATAL Rankings 2020 (ARIIA). The Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India to systematically rank all major higher educational institutions and universities in India on indicators related to “Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development” amongst students and faculty members.
Sikkim Manipal University
Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) is a Private University situated in East Sikkim, Sikkim and was established in the year 1992. The University is accepted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). SMU is also authorized by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education provides various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses through SMIT and SMIMS. Admissions to Sikkim Manipal University Courses will be done on the basis of Entrance Exams managed by SMU while for most of them, scores obtained in external Entrance Exams will be considered.
IGNOU – Indira Gandhi National Open University
Indira Gandhi National Open University, the National Resource Centre for Open and Distance Learning with international identification and presence, shall provide logical access to sustainable and learner-centric quality education, skill up gradation and training to all by using revolutionary technologies and methodologies and ensuring convergence of existing systems for massive human resource required for promoting integrated national development and global understanding.
Benefits of a Distance MBA degree:
If due to time, money or any other restriction you are unable to pursue a full-time MBA, then distance MBA is a perfect option for you. Through virtual classes, you may easily connect with teachers, mentors, and fellow students anytime, anywhere. Unlike a regular MBA programme, distance MBA lets you reschedule your class if for any reason you miss an important session or discussion.
Distance MBA provided by well known universities are approved by UGC’s Distance Education Bureau. To make sure that you are opting the right university, you may check the status of the programme at DEB website.
The curriculum of distance MBA is created to be in line with industry expectations which involves the inclusion of the latest and appearing technologies. You may choose among various interdisciplinary electives, allowing you to widen your horizons and explore your hidden prospects.
Compared to regular programmes, the fees of distance MBA is very affordable. You need not drop the idea of pursuing MBA just because of funds issues as distance learning is convenient for everyone.
Eligibility for admission in Distance MBA programme
Different colleges have set their own eligibility criteria for admission in Distance MBA. The duration of the programme ranges from 2 years to 5 years. In a typical layout, one can choose this programme with:
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a well known university or college
- At least 55% accumulation marks in bachelor’s degree
- Work experience – optional
Distance MBA for working professionals
If you’re a working professional who has limited time & resources and cannot attend full-time classes, then Distance MBA is perfect for you. This programme will help you to improve your managerial skills while letting you continue your job. Since distance MBA is pursued through remote communication, you can effectively manage your work, study, and personal life.
Now that we have understood the advantages of distance MBA, consider your options and make a more informed decision.
What do you need to know about MBA courses?
MBA is specialized in three fields basically. And you need to figure out you are good at what. The course has three fields – Human Resource, Finance and Marketing. In Human Resource an employee has a responsibility to recruit the people for their own firm or for the other. Human Resource refers to the term for the HR who hires the other employee to their organization.
Finance is a subject wherein the candidate must have a good command on Mathematics and accounts as they can get into accounts once they are over with their course. A lot of people are opting for this course if they cannot crack the entrance of Chartered Accountant.
For the people who want to go into the marketing field by pursuing MBA, they should have a sharp mind and they must have strategies with different thought processes. The people have to be very sharp and cunning in this field and they should know what’s trending these days.
Advantages of distance and open learning at Chandigarh
- Courses are at par with campus courses.
- Placement assistance
- Interact with teachers through online chats or webinars organised on every week
- No age bar
- Stay updated with the latest advancements
- Study anywhere and whenever you are comfortable
Providing different courses with specializations is a benchmark set by the university in distance and open learning. The students will be included in extracurricular activities of the campus apart from the regular academic ones. Distance education is an excellent choice for the people willing to achieve great heights in their career
Distance Learning Courses offered at Chandigarh
- Bachelor in Business Administration
- Master in Business Administration
- Bachelor in Computer Applications
- Masters in Computer Applications
- Sc in Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor in Commerce
- Master of Commerce
- Bachelor of Arts
- Master of Arts – English
- Master of Arts – Psychology