Distance MSc.IT Education in Ambala
Distance MSc.IT Education in Ambala: MSc. Information Technology (IT) focuses on enabling a student to be technically competent in aspects related to the theory of information technology, its application, and research. The objective of the program is to make students eligible for the IT industry as well as research programs.
Correspondence MSc. IT programs are designed to impart theoretical as well as knowledge to students and prepare them for research in the field. Although most concepts and subjects are similar to most computer courses, however, some subjects are different. Students are also expected to submit a thesis and project at the end of the program.
MSc.IT: What is it about?
After graduation, this is a very popular option amongst the students who want to build their career in the field of Information Technology.
- This course provides knowledge about programming, database management, projects management, object-oriented programming (OOP), OS, etc.
- Through this course, students will learn to solve various types of problems through computer programming and application designing.
- Correspondence MSc.IT Syllabus also covers many topics of cybersecurity. So, students also are trained in ethical hacking and hacking prevention.
- The candidates are also given insights into data analysis and various techniques involved in data science.
- As we all know, the future of the world lies in the IT sector, hence the future prospect of this degree is pretty bright.
Distance MSc.IT Education in Ambala- Basic Course Details
It is a 2 years long Post Graduate Degree program. During these 2 years, students are given both theoretical as well as practical knowledge on the field of IT (Information Technology).
Like in the case of correspondence BSc. IT, the semester system has followed this case too! The 2 years are divided into 4 semesters. Students have to face different sets of subjects and four sets of external examinations during these 4 semesters.
Let us check out the main subjects being taught in each one of the 4 semesters-
M.SC. IT 1ST SEMESTER SUBJECTS
Object-Oriented Programming using Visual C++– Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming, Introduction to Visual C++, Menu Environment, Text and Fonts Handling, Serialization and Message Handling Mechanism.
Web Technology Concepts– PHP, Flow control, Arrays, HTML and PHP Forms, String Manipulation, Writing functions, Managing data, Session control and Cookies, File Management System, XML, AJAX with PHP.
RDMS & Advanced Database Administration– SQL Server Programming tools, SQL Server Database, Data Integrity, Managing and Manipulating Data, SQL Server Locks, SQL Server Monitoring and Tuning, Backup and Restore, Database security.
OS and Network Management– Operating System tasks, Network OS, Introduction to Networks.
M.SC. IT 2ND SEMESTER SUBJECTS
In the case of many Institutes, once a student reaches the 2nd semester of M.Sc. IT program, he/she will have to select a group and study the topics of the selected group. The common groups are- .Net and C#, Core Java, Graphics and Multimedia, and the last one- Networking Fundamentals.
Linux Administration and Linux Networking– Linux basics and Shell programming, Linux System Administration, Linux System Configuration, and Linux Networking.
E-Governance Applications and Services– Introduction to E-Governance, E-Governance Services, E-Governance Laws.
Geographical Information Systems– Data Display and Querying, Spatial Concepts, Map Analysis, Network Analysis, GPS (Global Positioning System), Remote Sensing, and Uses of GIS.
M.SC. IT 3RD SEMESTER SUBJECTS
Data Warehousing and Data Mining Applications– Data Warehouse, Data Marts, Online Analytical Transactional Process, ETL, Data Mining, Data Mining Techniques, WEKA Environment.
Advanced Software Engineering– Object-Oriented Design, Object-Oriented Testing, Software Engineering, Object-Oriented Analysis.
Mobile Computing– Wireless Transmission, Medium Access Control, Mobile IP, Wireless IPs, Wireless Telecommunication Networks, Messaging Services, Mobile Transport Layer, and Mobile Computing.
Distance MSc.IT Education in Ambala Eligibility
To apply for the correspondence MSc Information Technology course, the candidate should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria, as mentioned below.
- Candidates should have passed graduation from a recognized university in a relevant discipline.
- Some of the examples for relevant disciplines are BSc in IT/ CS, BCA, BE/ BTech in IT or CS, BCom with IT as a subject.
- Though the minimum marks requirement criteria vary from university to university, most of the top universities demand a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.
- Other eligibility criteria like the minimum age, etc. can vary depending on the institution. The candidate must confirm the eligibility criteria from the official website of the institute.
Why pursue a Distance MSc.IT Education in Ambala?
There are many benefits of pursuing a correspondence MSc.IT, some of them are mentioned below.
Great Job opportunities- There are numerous jobs in the IT sector as it is one of the fastest-growing industries. After distance MSc.IT, one can work in different roles like Software Developer, IT analyst, Maintenance Engineer, Application programmer, etc in top MNCs.
Demand for the course is expected to increase in the future - The IT sector is expected to grow at a rate of 15% to 20% in the coming years. Hence, the industry-related skills will be handy in the future too.
Higher Salary- Due to various options and various roles of choice, one can get a decent salary after the completion of the course. The median MSc IT salary lies around 3 LPA but it can go as high as 15 LPA.
Entrepreneurship- Many students opt to be an entrepreneur after completing the course, thus exploring the field of Management and Administration.
Opportunities of working in different fields: After completing this course, the candidates can not only get employed in the IT sector, but they can find very good jobs in finance, banking, data analytics, and teaching sectors as well.
Bright future scope - After this course, one can not only switch to many other sectors but also study further and do a Ph.D. Students can also opt to work as a researcher once the course is completed.
Renowned Recruiters- Students with this degree get the opportunity to work for top IT firms like TCS, Infosys, IBM, Accenture, etc.
How to prepare for MSc.IT Entrance Exams?
The entrance exams for admission to MSc.IT generally have questions from the following topics:
- Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
- C Programming
To crack the MSc.IT exams, the candidate must be well versed in each of these topics. One can follow the points mentioned below to prepare well for the entrance exams.
- One should have clear concepts regarding topics like Mathematics, C programming, Quantitative aptitude, and logical reasoning to score well in the exam.
- Candidates are advised to solve previous year's question papers and at least 20-30 mocks before sitting for the actual examination.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours, hence one should allocate proper time to each section.
- It will be beneficial for an aspirant to maintain a separate notebook where they can compile important formulas and points for a quick revision.
- The C programming section can prove to be hard considering the time limit. So, the candidates must practice solving coding problems very quickly.
- Aspirants should not panic and write the exam with calmness and positivity in mind.
How to get admission to a good college?
These are the few tips candidates should follow to get admitted to top MSc IT colleges.
- For colleges offering direct admission, the candidate should focus on their graduation and score very good marks.
- Though the minimum eligibility percentage required is 50%, the cutoff of the top institutes generally ranges between 80% to 85%.
- For colleges that offer admission via entrance examination, the candidates should prepare for the entrance meticulously, solve past year papers and revise all the topics to score a decent mark.
- The candidate should try to attempt at least 80% of the question paper. Only then they will be able to fetch safer ranks.
Future Scope after Distance MSc.IT Education in Ambala
After completing the course the candidate will have a vast number of opportunities to start a professional career. As the IT industry is still growing the students will enjoy a great career progression if they work hard.
Government sectors, as well as private sectors, offer jobs to the students once they complete the course. We have discussed some of the career options after distance MSc.IT below.
Research- Students can complete the course and join a reputed organization’s R&D department and work as a researcher.
Government Sector Jobs- There are also many opportunities in government PSUs, many government departments for a Master in IT.
Entrepreneur- After completing the course one can explore the management and administration industry by starting their own company.
Higher Education- Students can opt to pursue a Ph.D. after completion of this course.
IT Sector Jobs- After correspondence MSc.IT, students can work for different MNCs as a Software Developer, IT analyst, Maintenance Engineer, Application programmer, and many other roles.
Other Private Sectors- If anyone possesses the required skill, they can easily switch to industries like Analytics, Banking, and Teaching.
M.Sc - Information Technology (IT) Career Options and Job Prospects
Be it research, teaching, or IT field, all options are M.Sc. Are open upon completion of. IT program. Candidates can pursue UGC NET and start teaching information technology and coding college students. Another attractive option is to enter the private sector and apply for programming and developing profiles. Some of the profiles that open up after this course are as follows:
- IT Consultant
- Network Administrator
- Web Developer
- Systems Support Administrator
- Security Agencies
- Security Expert
- Software Engineer
- Computer Programmer
- Interface Engineer
Salary after chasing distance M.Sc. In Information Technology, Rs. Can vary. 3 to Rs. 5.75 lakhs per year. Some private-sector jobs offer better pay in the growth profile. Experienced IT experts and consultants will get Rs. 8 lakhs or more per year depending on their skills.